Sara’s bravery is sneaky. You think she’s painfully shy and a bit of a late bloomer, but then, like a cat pouncing in the night, Sara will show you what she’s made of. She’ll stand up and shine with the full power of the sun. And so it was on her 8th birthday….showing us how it is properly done, this business of turning 8.
(1) Destroy the car seat. It’s presence is no longer required.
(2) Watch a calf being born and swear you’ll become a cow midwife when you grow up.
(3) Do about a 100 flips in mid-air, high, high above the ground.
(4) Eat ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.
(5) Thank God out loud for giving you the world’s most perfect weather on your big day.
Happy Birthday Ducky. You are my hero. I can’t WAIT to see what this year brings you!